Initial Needs Assessment
The Case manager will carry out a face to face assessment of the injured person. This may include a telephone interview prior to appointment.
The following points will be included: -
- The physical and psychological injuries sustained by the injured person and the subsequent care received or planned.
- The symptoms, disability/incapacity arising from those injuries.
- The availability or planned delivery of interventions or treatment via the NHS their employer or health insurance schemes.
- Any impact upon the claimants domestic and social circumstances including mobility, accommodation and employment.
- The type of clinical intervention or treatment required in both short and medium term and the reasoning for the intervention.
- The likely costs and duration of recommended interventions or treatment.
- The anticipated clinical and return to work outcome of such intervention or treatment.